Manage accounting department providing information, primarily financial in nature, about all company activities that will assist management, and other users in making educated economic decisions about the company’s future.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Oversee the activities of the accounting department which includes AP, AR, HR, Reception, for the accurate and timely dissemination of financial management reports including, but not limited to, internal and external monthly financial statements and annual audits.
• Oversee the activities of Accounts Payable, ensuring the accurate and timely processing of accounts payable weekly check run and employee expense reports.
• Oversee the activities of the Accounts Receivable to ensure the accurate and timely management of all accounts receivable aging components including invoicing, petty cash disbursements, collections and weekly ACH/Wire transfers.
• Establish and maintain systems and controls that verify the integrity of all systems, processes and data, and enhance the company’s value.
• Creates monthly Journal Entries for month end close.
• Assists in the annual Workers Comp / General Liability Audits.
• Reconciles Cash/Bank Accounts monthly
• Calculates and creates monthly/quarterly commission and rebate reports.
• Respond to Chief Executive Officer as assigned with accurate and timely work to facilitate his financial needs.
• Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
• Communicate with co-workers, management, clients and others in a courteous and professional manner.
• Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
• Comply with all company policies and procedures
Business Management Software:
• Ensures that financial and administration systems are in line with business requirements and controls
• Acts as the key user of business software and liaises with Information Systems Administrator to ensure proper functioning for business use:
a. Researching current and new modules to ensure we have the best tools for operating
b. Set up users and roles to allow employees to function
• Financial Management
• Technical Capacity
• Performance Management
• Ethical Conduct
• Communication Proficiency
• Personal Effectiveness/Credibility
This position is responsible for managing the accounting department
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position does not have any travel.
Required Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance.
• Five years of hands-on accounting managerial experience.
• Knowledge of ERP systems
• Manufacturing experience
Preferred Education and Experience:
• Ten years Accounting/Management experience
The following benefits are offered:
• Major Medical – four different types of plans to choose from (80% of premiums covered by employer.
• Basic Life (company paid)
• Voluntary Life
• Short term disability
• Long term disability (company Paid)
• Seven paid holidays
• Up to 6.5 days of PTO accrued each year
• Up to 10 days of vacation accrued which increases one day every three years
We are a Drug-Free Workplace Employer.