The shipping associate position verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment by performing the following duties to quality and productivity standards.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Operates lift trucks or hand trucks to convey, move or hoist materials to proper departments or areas.
• Operates the stretch wrap banders and banding equipment.
• Pull systems and/or pumps to fill daily orders record and verify serial numbers, quantities weights, dims and stage on UPS carts or in shipping lanes based on shipping instructions.
• Assist with unloading containers and truck shipments.
• Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies. Ensure items are put away in a timely manner, packing lists are stamped and turned in
• Monitor finished goods and make sure there is sufficient quantities to fill daily orders
• Ensure finished goods inventory is rotated and stored in an organized manner.
• Performs all computer functions necessary to track various aspects of goods.
• Supports the shipment of goods produced and supplies to be used in or to aid in the production/storage of goods destined for sale to our customer base.
• Pack parts orders in a way that will minimize the possibility of shipping damage, giving special attention to delicate parts.
• Print UPS labels, packing lists and bills of lading as necessary based on scheduling
• Ensure all boxes are properly marked with sales order number and quantity of packages on shipment.
• Ensure all shipments are properly labeled and necessary paperwork is ready before UPS/trucks arrive.
• Ensure that all shipping documents are properly signed and dated, pickup orders have legible name printed on them.
• Run end of day for UPS and check for high value shipments.
• Responsible for making arrangements for pick up by the carrier specified on the customer’s purchase order, which is conveyed to the shipping clerk by final inspection via the shipping instructions.
• Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
• Scan and code all shipping documents into Content Central daily.
• Maintain shipping area to keep it clean and organized at all times, empty trash and sweep floors daily.
• Assist with cardboard compactor and disposing of broken or unusable pallets.
• Assist with special projects as necessary.
• Adhere to all company policies as outlined in employee handbook.
• Organizational Skills.
• Technical Capacity.
• Time Management.
• Communication Proficiency.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. May be subject to extreme variations temperature.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without accommodation.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Hours of work are Monday through Friday, 9:00a.m. to 5:30 p.m., 40 hours per week.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Required Education and Experience:
• Minimum of a high school education and one year of factory-related experience in shipping and receiving.
• Ability to read and write English, follow verbal instructions and use simple math.
• A valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
• Licensed forklift truck operator.
Preferred Education and Experience:
• Familiarity with software programs used in this job preferred.
The following benefits are offered:
• Major Medical – four different types of plans to choose from (80% of premiums covered by employer.
• Basic Life (company paid)
• Voluntary Life
• Short term disability
• Long term disability (company Paid)
• Seven paid holidays
• Up to 6.5 days of PTO accrued each year
• Up to 10 days of vacation accrued which increases one day every three years
We are a Drug-Free Employer.